Welcome to the department of VHS Hamburg’s German as a foreign language - Deutsch als Fremdsprache (DaF). You will find general information on our program below. Feel free to contact us via e-mail if you have any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or py phone: 42841-3238, Tuesdays 14.00-17.00, Thursdays 10.00-13.00.
- We offer daytime and evening classes (Deutschkurse für alle) for all levels of the "Common European Framework of Reference for languages" (from Breakthrough A1 to Mastery C2). The classes offer 90 minutes of teaching twice a week, you can join any time during the semester, sizes permitting. The fees are 60 € - 240 € for 4 months, reduced fees are possible.
- We also offer intensive/integration courses according to the German migration law – which can be taken 3-5 times a week in the mornings, afternoons or evenings - consisting of 12-25 lessons per week. The fees are 390 € for one module (4-8 weeks), reduced fees are possible. The intensive courses start regularly.
- Our jobrelated German Courses (§45, DeuFöV) start monthly. The VHS offers levels B1, B2 and C1 in the mornings and afternoons, 20-25 hours/weekly. You can only enroll with a current certificate from your Jobcenter/Agentur für Arbeit called “Berechtigung” and after having finished your Integration Course.
- The VHS also offers language courses for people with insecure residence status (DuA) who are not eligible for Integration Courses or Jobrelated Courses. The courses have 100 hours and run 4 days/week with 4-5 hours each in various locations across town. Participation is free, sponsored by the Town of Hamburg.
- We provide regular test dates for telc and Goethe-Institut language tests, levels A1-C2 and we offer special preparation courses.
- For people in the process of naturalization we also offer BAMF-naturalization tests (“Einbürgerungstest”).
Please note that our courses don´t fulfill the requirements for obtaining a "Sprachvisum" (language visa).
Please also note that for integration courses and job related courses you can only enrol in person. For regular courses, language exams and "Einbürgerungstest", you can also subscribe by e mail.
For further information, a personal consultation, assessment of your individual language level or course enrolment, we welcome you to our centre.
We hope to see you soon! Please mark an appointment.